Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Trip to the local Zoo

So today was in the low 70's....it was wonderful!! Spring is right around the corner, and we can't wait. We decided to take a trip out to our local Zoo. Every time we go it gets a little better. Aubrie is starting to really notice a lot of new things & take advantage of all the fun things this place has to offer. Aubrie's Grandma (Debbie) was able to join us for the day. We all had a great time just hanging out & enjoying the beautiful weather. We took a picnic lunch with us & took our time. Now I remember why I love warm weather so much more than the cold stuff.

Our first trip was to see the sheep. Normally they are within petting range, but today they were wanting to be by themselves. So I think we spent about 10 seconds looking at them & Aubrie was out the door looking for more animals :-)




Looking at the llama's....she told me this was her favorite animal of the day.


The animals are really neat at this zoo, because they are so used to being around so many people that they don't hesitate to be just inches from your face. This llama was just as close to me as in the picture.

This was the best picture that I was able to capture with Grandma & Aubrie. Sometimes when you tell her to smile she only raises her eyebrows.




Looking at the raccoons....these were her 2nd favorite animal of the day.


She was making all these silly faces for a few seconds. She had me laughing!


Are you talking to me????


What's nice about this zoo is the open space they have for the kids to just run & play. Here she is just sitting & watching all the cars go by.



This was the best picture of the two of us. Aubrie was not cooperating when it came to the still ones. Oh well...she still looks cute!


Aubrie's Grandma chasing Aubrie around. If it wasn't for the help of Debbie, I would have had my hands full. And I'm having another baby in less than 6 months....YIKES!! Aubrie has become Miss Independent lately. So she runs everywhere. Thanks for all your help Debbie

They have this old train caboose that they let the kids walk up & down. Normally the doors are open so they can run in & out, but it was still closed from the winter months.


I love this picture of her....she looks so big & grown-up.


Aubrie has loved jumping off of everything over the past week. I have to say she is getting really good at it (her athleticism is coming out slowly but surely). She wants to try everything, no matter if it's small or big. So we have to watch out for her more. I guess it will take one big fall for her to realize that she is not invinsible :-)


Jumping off of a window sill.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home