Wednesday, June 13, 2007

One big giant mess!!!!

So here is what our kitchen used to look like before we installed the top cabinets. We took all the tile down & the hood above the stove.

You see that white box that is sitting in front of the kitchen sink. That is our portable dishwasher. We have to plug it into the sink every time we use it. It's a smaller dishwasher, so there were only certain dishes that you could put in there. I hand wash most everything. The wheels broke off the bottom about 5 months ago, so that is where it's stayed. Talk about annoying!! We are replacing all the counter tops, sink & faucet.



Here is the start of the renovation. It's amazing what a difference it's already making in the kitchen. It's going to bring in a lot more color & brightness. Here are a few pictures of the top cabinets that Chris and my father-in-law put up this past weekend. Hopefully this next weekend we can pull the bottom cabinets out & install the dishwasher & garbage disposal. Yes folks, we are getting a full size dishwasher!! That is the most exciting part for me. It'll make my life so much easier. So stay tuned for more updated pictures of the kitchen.



All in all the guys are doing a fantastic job. Especially since both of them haven't remodeled a kitchen before (smile). I just can't wait to have my kitchen back & the rest of my house. But I don't mind giving my kitchen and space up for this.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home