Friday, July 14, 2006

All about me

So I'm sure most all of you, if not everyone, visit's my site to see pictures of Aubrie and how she is growing. Don't worry, I'm not changing anything. I just thought today I would give you an update on how things are going in my own life. So here is goes....

Just this past weekend I ended up breaking my big toe playing sand volleyball. Not sure how I managed to do that playing sand, but I did. The first day wasn't too bad until I reached the 2nd and the 3rd. I never knew a toe could cause so much pain. The first day at work with my injury was very interesting. I couldn't take hard core medication due to the possiblity of falling asleep or saying something that I couldn't remember saying later (smile). So I took a few advil and proceeded to work with my ice pack in the other hand. I arrived at work and started to try and prop my foot up. Let's just say that my room was not designed for injuries. The best I could do was put my keyboard on my lap and push my chair about 4 feet away from my computer monitor (Darn long legs...thanks Dad!!). I didn't have my glasses with me, so seeing the print was very difficult. I managed to make it through the day and finished quite a bit of work. I was very proud of myself :) Six days later my foot is already showing signs of recovery. I am starting to see some bruising around the toe and the swelling has gone down.

Having an injury with Aubrie was pretty funny. She didn't quite understand why I wasn't my usual run around the house and play with Aubrie self. I told her that my toe had an "owie". She proceeded to kiss my "owie" which made it 100% better at that moment. So for the past few days she remembers that I have an "owie" and wants to kiss it. Sweet girl!! The funny part was when she kissed it she thought I should be up and running again. Because when I kiss her "owie" she is ready to go. Kids...gotta love them!!

So work has been pretty slow these past few weeks. I do have a handful of shows coming up at the end of August, so I'm ready to get started. The slow days can really drag and it gives me more time to think about Aubrie...which is a good and bad thing. Goood because I love looking at pictures of her (which I have ton's right in front of me) and bad because I am wishing I could be there to play with her. But I know that God has his timing in everthing...and I soon will be able to stay home full-time with her. I am greatful for Aubrie's wonderful babysitter during the day...Grandma! Thanks a bunch for taking care of Aubrie, Chris and I both appreciate your hard work and love you bring to her.

It's supossed to be in the high 90's this weekend with a whole lot of humidity. This is the one time I really dislike Illinois. Humidity means sweating and mosquitos....not a good combination. Chris, Aubrie and me are heading downtown Chicago on Saturday to help Aunt Janna with a few repairs needed in her home. I think I might take Aubrie's stroller and walk around downtown. I love that atmosphere and being outside. Maybe we will head down to the Lake. I'm sure it will be jam backed on Saturday though. We could walk in a few of the stores and windown shop also.

Hope all is well for everyone and check in later to see some updated pictures of our sweet girl. I am hoping to get some pictures of myself when I was little to do the comparision as well.

Love you guys,
Peace Out!!!!
April

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home